View without photos
View with photos

Suspicious Computer Problems in Airports Nationwide
by Edward Safranski    Infowars.net
Entered into the database on Thursday, March 09th, 2006 @ 13:34:21 MST


Untitled Document

There's an old Elvis Presley song that goes something like...I just can't go on, suspicious minds...or something like that.

I thought of that song because I just heard that most or all of the airports in the country are experiencing shut downs or major delays. Supposedly it's because the mainframe computers that handle flight scheduling have gone down.

That may well be. However since it is a fact that our own government is behind every major "terrorist" attack against us, it is always advisable to view any "official" story with multiple grains of salt.

It is possible that the authorities are telling the truth and the computers actually did crash. It is also very possible that they are setting up the next "terrorist" attack in the near future and they just need some pretext in order to do some preparation involving aircraft and airports. I'm not an expert in airport operations so I can't think in terms of specific details. However the CIA, Mossad, and the traitors in the military who serve Dick Cheney and the Bush Crime Family are experts. I'm sure they can plan major evil events by shutting down the airports for a few hours, if indeed that is what is taking place right now. In these days of murderous traitors in the White House and at the highest stages of all government agencies, nothing can be taken for granted.


Radar glitch delays O'Hare arrivals for 3 1/2 hours
Phone link shut off during maintenance

Chicago Tribune | March 7, 2006
By Jon Hilkevitch

Tribune staff reporters Mitch Dudek and Jason George contributed to this report

Hundreds of flights bound for O'Hare International Airport were delayed for about 3 1/2 hours Monday when a telephone link used by air-traffic controllers was accidentally shut off during routine maintenance, the Federal Aviation Administration said.

Radar serving the airport was never lost, but the line that was shut down by a telephone company about 3:30 p.m. and restored about 7 p.m. linked the air-traffic control tower at O'Hare to a radar facility in Elgin where controllers direct flights arriving in and departing from the Chicago area, said FAA spokesman Tony Molinaro.

Controllers at the two facilities hand off flights to each other in Chicago's crowded airspace.

As a precaution, the FAA switched to a backup radar system that's located in south suburban Tinley Park used primarily for flights at Midway Airport.

O'Hare sits on the northernmost edge of the Tinley Park backup radar's coverage area.

To maintain safety Monday, controllers in Elgin spaced planes approaching O'Hare 5 miles apart horizontally instead of the normal 3 miles. This added spacing, combined with poor weather conditions, resulted in about 60 flights per hour landing at O'Hare, down from up to 100 flights hourly before the phone problem, officials said.

"I'm just happy to be on the ground," said Nathan Davis, 26, of Chicago, who was traveling Monday with his wife and their two hungry toddlers, who missed their dinner because of a two-hour delay in the arrival of their flight from New York. "They were screaming their heads off."

"It felt like we could have been flown to Europe," said his wife, Perl, 24.

Airports nationwide were forced to hold dozens of flights on the ground that were bound for O'Hare to accommodate the reduction in landings here until the problem could be fixed.

"It's always something coming out of O'Hare," said Candace Smith, who was returning to Chicago from Dayton, Ohio. Her flight was delayed 45 minutes, she said.

FAA officials said normal operations had resumed at O'Hare by 9 p.m.

The problem did not affect flights operating at Midway, officials said.