|Taking a Closer Look at the Stories Ignored by the Corporate Media|
|| | ||
The editor has fallen ill with a very grave illness. Without her assistance this site would not exist. I would like to express my personal gratitude to her. Her effort, support, and contributions through the years have been precious. Please share my positive thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery for her. God bless you, get well soon.
Viewing International Affairs NEWS articles 376 through 450 of 1352
- Despite the region's oil wealth, seventy percent of people living in the Niger Delta survive on less than $1 US a day.
- The Canadian government’s most recent vote on a non-binding resolution put forward by South Africa in the UNESCO committee, as the sole supporter of the United States against 41 other member-states, plumbs new previously-unknown depths in Ottawa’s sordid game-playing with the lives and livelihood of the Palestinian people.
- Harvard Backs Away from "Israel Lobby" Professors; Removes Logo from Controversial Paper
- It must be noted that the "failing" of the state was largely incubated by the "helpers", for years, until it could be portrayed as the very problem to rush in to help with.
- If he is exiled to to Venezuela, he will spill the beans on the Bush Crime Family. If he is extradited to France, he will get the "Milosevic treatment."
- ...opposition forces have openly worked with Washington to oust Lukashenko, who runs an economically nationalist government that resists privatization, imposes conditions on foreign investment, and nurtures domestic industry behind tariff walls, while presiding over the region’s lowest unemployment rate, highest rate of economic growth, and flattest distribution of income.
- It comes as no surprise two "of America’s top scholars," having released an article criticizing the hijacking of American foreign policy by AIPAC, the neocons, and the tiny outlaw state of Israel, are unable to get a hearing in the corporate media.
- President Hugo Chavez called U.S. President George W. Bush a "coward," a "donkey" and a "drunkard" Sunday, unleashing a torrent of insults days after Bush labelled him a demagogue.
- "The route of the wall matches that of water resources, the latter being conveniently located on the Israeli side."
- As the Bush administration and its functionaries ratchet up pressure on Iran with renewed waves of propaganda and hate, it is no surprise that Iran is emerging as the new home of US military-intelligence asset/construct "Osama bin Laden" (replacing “the mountains along the Pakistan border” and other such versions).
- An estimated 1,500,000 people demonstrated across France on Saturday against the Gaullist government’s "First Job Contract" (CPE) legislation. The national day of action was the third mass protest held this month against the destruction of young workers’ conditions.
- "As I gather, the idea was to fund and train activists to be agents provocateurs along the lines of the Otpor movement in Serbia. Their job was to utilize various techniques, such as anti-government graffiti etc, to embolden the student movement and provoke a general government crackdown, which could then be used as a pretext to 'spark' a mass uprising in Iran that appeared to be spontaneous and indigenous."
- One of the main questions raised in the discussions was whether Israel would inform the U.S. ahead of the attack, and when would an advance notice be given.
- Something smells funny about the recent denunciation of maverick Peruvian presidential candidate Ollanta Humala for alleged human rights violations.
- The insidious erosion of our civil liberties will accelerate dramatically if the government wins the battle over identity cards.
- Let me ask you a question: If you were running Iran, would you try to develop nuclear weapons? I would.
- Are certain people worried about losing Scotland and losing Scotland's gas and oil?
- When he told his MI5 handlers about the mission, they arranged with the FBI to procure the detonators
- Wheat-flour stocks have run out in the Gaza Strip, with most bakeries closing and the United Nations warning of a looming humanitarian crisis after a nearly two-month commercial closure of Gaza imposed by Israel.
- When the mainstream media only provide government information and rely on government links and officials for the whole story, they are no longer objective, independent, or critical.
- It’s impossible to understand the goals of the Bush administration without looking at a map.
- A spoof John Howard website that featured a soul searching "apology" speech for the Iraq war has been shut down under orders from the Australian Government.
- US-Backed Repression Soars Under President Gloria Macapagal
- We are always watching a rigged game.
- The Israeli attack was coordinated with Washington and London, which withdrew their monitors stationed at the facility only minutes before Israeli troops backed by tanks and armored bulldozers stormed into Jericho and attacked the prison...
- Slobo death media spin intensifies, speculation rife that Milosevic was going to call Clinton as witness
- Has nobody questioned whether Canada's Prime Minister should be making "surprise" trips to Afghanistan? Since when are foreign policy decisions in a democratic country conducted in secrecy and revealed as surprises, like sexy underwear or chocolates on your birthday?
- If U.S. troops go to Africa, it won't be for a humanitarian intervention; it will be to protect American oil interests in the troubled Niger Delta.
- What the corporate media overwhelmingly ignores in Milosevic's death is what they ignored in his life as well – his intimate knowledge of U.S. war crimes in Yugoslavia.
- Not a hint of the central role played by US imperialism and other Western powers in the breakup of Yugoslavia and the resulting carnage is to be found in the media’s reaction to Milosevic’s death
- Mr Berlusconi effectively owns three private TV stations in Italy while his supporters run two of the three Rai, or state, TV channels.
- The new flag's horse gallops to the left instead of the right
- Britain has been secretly designing a new nuclear warhead in conjunction with the United States, provoking a legal row over the proliferation of nuclear weapons...
- Tinpot dictator blew the whistle on the New World Order
- Traces of a drug used to treat leprosy and tuberculosis were found in a blood sample taken in recent months from former Yugoslav President Slobodan Milosevic...
- ...the Israelis understand they cannot shock awe Iran on their own—and in due course, Syria, Lebanon, Saudi Arabia, and even mega-populated Egypt—and that is why they have spent years infiltrating the United States government, particularly the Pentagon.
- The government wants the residents out so the U.S. military eventually can triple Camp Humphreys’ size, making it the main U.S. installation on the peninsula.
- Belarus's government will be targeted if the west doesn't get the result it wants in this month's elections
- People from the Marshall Islands plan to seek one billion dollars in compensation this year for damage to their health and environment caused by 67 US nuclear tests during the Cold War.
- In the last 48 hours all the major players in the Bush administration have issued statements warning of the impending danger of Iran
- From the same snake oil salesmen that brought you 45 minute attack claims, dodgy dossiers and weapons bunkers that were bakeries, comes the shocking new threat that could knock America back into the stone age, Iran's deadly EMP weapons.
- As it now stands, we are but a few weeks away from total disaster...
- A red herring to distract from real long term agenda of full spectrum dominance
- While the world turns its eyes again to the Middle East and watches a buildup to a war created by the U.S. over a mythical atomic bomb, there is one country in the neighborhood that actually has hundreds of atomic weapons; "poor beleaguered Israel"...
- ...we have the eight-year-old child and the unknown fourth person, killed for the unpardonable sin of being close to some people who were close to a place where other people had done something.
- Gangland violence is making us safer. That's the message we hear today from Israel's Defense Minister, Shaul Mofaz, who not only defended the practice of "targeted assassination" but threatened to use the controversial tactic against Palestine's new Prime Minister-designate, Ismail Haniya.
- In order to achieve the destruction of socialism in Yugoslavia, Western powers pursued a "divide and conquer" strategy, encouraging the piecemeal breakup of the country. Could the same plan be in the works for Venezuela?
- The Prime Minister claims to be defending liberty but a barely noticed Bill will rip the heart out of parliamentary democracy
- The importance of UAE as a staging area for future hostilities cannot be overstated. No military strategy can hope to succeed without first establishing a beachhead across the strait in Iran, so that the danger of blowing up oil tankers and blocking passage is removed. This tells us that plans for an attack may be on track for late March as originally threatened by Israel.
- After all it's failures in attempted assassinations, attempts to beat Chávez in democratic elections in Venezuela and it's most recent rigging (by opposition abstentia) of the December National Elections in Venezuela - the U.S. is going to attempt to overthrow the duly elected president of Venezuela in the upcoming December, 2006 elections - by any means necessary.
- Bush’s neocon handlers no longer care to hide the fact U.S. foreign policy is designed to make a "safer neighborhood for Israel" and this project has so far cost the lives of around 250,000 Iraqis, a few thousand Americans, and billions of U.S dollars...
- The four following tried and true ingredients from Grandma's Cookbook of Explosive War Tactics are a recipe for disaster: a preemptive nuclear strike on Iran, possibly in the spring of 2006.
- Almost half the aid Bolivia will get this year will be used to send military officers to the School of the Americas in Georgia.
- The corporate media won't tell you this -- but the Bush trip to South Asia was nothing less than a disaster, according to direct and uncensored reports from India and Pakistan. Street protests against Bush in India were not in the "thousands," as reported by the media, but in the "hundreds of thousands."
- To be sure, U.S. intervention—military and diplomatic—will try to save its lackeys, or sacrifice them for a new set of servants who will do Washington’s bidding—U.S.-tutored military officers and unscrupulous business technocrats tied to transnational financial-corporate interests.
- ...only Chavez acted on the clearly subversive and radical notion that his country's vast resources should be used to benefit the country's people and even those beyond its borders.
- Venezuela begins training a vast army of civilian reserves today to fight off the attack its Left-wing president, Hugo Chavez, says the United States is plotting against it.
- Préval’s Victory and the UN’s Disgrace
- Avi Dichter, former Shin Bet boss, who will become defense minister of Israel when the "centrist" Kadima party wins Israel’s election later this month, has promised to assassinate the democratically elected leader of the Palestinian Authority, Ismail Haniyeh...
- Marines produce road map to ethnic strife - Washington bankrolls separatist groups
- by - Ken Livingstone - I was elected mayor by the people of London and only they should have the power to remove me
- Bush ride: six doors, missile-proof
- Death-penalty system under fire as academic reports 8,000 killed yearly
- Now that Syrian opposition groups have told the State Department to take a hike, the Straussian neocons may resort to more obvious and brutal tactics, as they attempted to do in Venezuela with an aborted coup and accomplished in Haiti...
- This is the truth about the present Israeli-American discourse. They don't want a peace settlement based on international law and human rights and UN resolutions, but one that would reflect Israeli hegemony, insolence and bullying.
- There can be no other conclusion than murder
- What is left for the Bush administration to attempt, with the world oil peak's arrival? Could this be the time for Saudi Arabia to fall, or be taken?
- by - Arundhati Roy - It is not in our power to stop Bush's visit. It is in our power to protest it, and we will.
- It should now be obvious Israel fully intends to starve as many Palestinians to death as possible.
- If the Jabotinksyites and Straussian neocons can effectively attack the elected mayor of London through the pit bull attack organization calling itself the Board of Deputies of British Jews, it can effectively attack nearly anybody opposed to their plan for Zionist supremacy in the Middle East and a zero tolerance for questioning the Holocaust Orthodoxy at home.
- The chauffeur of the car in which Diana, Princess of Wales died was working for the French secret service, the British team reinvestigating her death has been told.
- A hundred years ago, the Americans also said they had only come to help.
- The leaders of the former Soviet Union would have been envious of how the U.S. mainstream media fall into line on international issues.
- This is a new one. London’s mayor, "Red" Ken Livingstone, has been "suspended." How the hell can a mayor be suspended?
- The seizure of the Palestinian Authority’s (PA) central source of independent revenue has left the Palestinian administration on the verge of collapse and threatens a humanitarian catastrophe in the West Bank and Gaza.
<< < 6 7 8 9 10 > >>