|Taking a Closer Look at the Stories Ignored by the Corporate Media|
|| | ||
The editor has fallen ill with a very grave illness. Without her assistance this site would not exist. I would like to express my personal gratitude to her. Her effort, support, and contributions through the years have been precious. Please share my positive thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery for her. God bless you, get well soon.
Viewing International Affairs NEWS articles 1 through 75 of 1352
- Venezuela's socialist President Hugo Chavez on Wednesday ordered the U.S. ambassador out of the oil exporting country in an escalating battle between Washington and Latin America's left-wing leaders.
- Since Iran is a much bigger threat than Syria was and since the diplomatic efforts and sanctions have led almost nowhere, the question is not if Israel will strike but rather when. One of the people convinced of this outcome is French President Nicolas Sarkozy who on Sept. 4 from Damascus, of all places, warned Iran: "Iran is taking a major risk by continuing the process of seeking nuclear technology for military ends, because one day, no matter which Israeli government is in power, one morning we will awake to find Israel has attacked."
- The U.S. Congress may inadvertently lay the foundations for war against Iran when it reconvenes in Washington this month.
- The Dutch intelligence service, the AIVD, has called off an operation aimed at infiltrating and sabotaging Iran's weapons industry due to an assessment that a US attack on the Islamic Republic's nuclear program is imminent, according to a report in the country's De Telegraaf newspaper on Friday.
- The Kuwaiti government is finalizing its emergency plan this week in order to ensure that the country is protected from foreign dangers in case the regional situation escalates and a war breaks out between Iran and the USA.
- The build up of naval forces in the Gulf will be one of the largest multi-national naval armadas since the First and Second Gulf Wars. The intent is to create a US/EU naval blockade (which is an Act of War under international law) around Iran (with supporting air and land elements) to prevent the shipment of benzene and certain other refined oil products headed to Iranian ports.
- This will almost certainly begin the Third World War. It may take a month or two to unfold and play out over six months or so~ or it may go nuclear and advanced biological in less than two weeks ~ but it is certain to take the entire World into the darkest nightmare in human history.
- IT was just after midnight when the 69th Squadron of Israeli F15's crossed the Syrian coast-line. On the ground, Syria’s formidable air defences went dead.
- Syria said its air defences opened fire on Israeli warplanes which had violated Syrian airspace at dawn yesterday, ratcheting up the tension between the neighbouring foes.
- THE Pentagon has drawn up plans for massive airstrikes against 1,200 targets in Iran, designed to annihilate the Iranians’ military capability in three days, according to a national security expert.
- American citizens in their own country suffer more deaths via illegal aliens in the United States annually than combat soldiers in Iraq.
- Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper used a trip to New York this week to press for even closer economic, military, and geo-political ties between Canada and the US
- US private equity group with links to leading Republicans in talks to buy state-controlled Tamoil, valued at €3bn
- “Anyone can go to Baghdad! Real men go to Tehran!”
- Western corporations are exploiting legal loopholes to dump their waste in Africa. And in Ivory Coast, the price has been death and disease for thousands
- Torture, Murder and Complicity
- Media organization elites cover-up the biggest scandal in Canadian history
- War on Terrorism or Fight for Social Justice?
- The U.S. is thinking about transferring control to the Koreans.
- The diplomatic row that has erupted this week between the Solomon Islands and Australia demonstrates once again the neo-colonial character of Australia’s intervention into the small Pacific Island state since 2003.
- The former premier of the province of Alberta, Peter Lougheed, predicts that the US will be aggressively coming after Canada's water in the next three to five years.
- Senior Syrian government official have accused the US of being behind Tuesday's assault on its own embassy in downtown Damascus.
- In 1970, South America had its own September 11 when Salvador Allende was overthrown in a US-inspired coup by Augusto Pinochet. This set the stage for the transcontinental Operation Condor, a Latino war "of" terror that eliminated thousands of people who were or might have become political adversaries.
- Dramatic evidence that America is involved in illegal mercenary operations in east Africa has emerged in a string of confidential emails...
- Today's revelation
- The World is at a Critical Crossroads
- ...Australian Foreign Minister Downer’s visit is aimed at safeguarding Canberra’s interests and pressuring East Timor’s parliament into giving an immediate go-ahead for the exploitation of Timor Sea oil and gas.
- Bolivia's President Evo Morales...talks...about reform plans for his country, socialism in Latin America, and the often tense relations of the region's leftists with the United States.
- Vicente Fox, the outgoing Mexican president, has been prevented from making his last state of the nation speech by opposition politicians who seized the podium in the country's parliament.
- John Bolton, the "interim," that is to say installed, U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, has announced there is no doubt Iran plans to build nuclear bombs.
- Shocking Lancet Study. Those responsible included Haitian police, United Nations peacekeepers and anti-Lavalas gangs.
- The Struggle for Electoral Justice On the Streets of Mexico City
- Nearly Forty-Eight Years Later and Looking Back - the Castro Revolution and His Government
- President Hugo Chavez says he's convinced the U.S. is acting through Sumate to "take us down the path of destabilization" as he seeks re-election in December.
- Chad's president on Saturday ordered oil companies Chevron Corp. and Petronas to leave the country, saying neither has paid taxes and his country will take responsibility for the oil fields they have overseen.
- ...this is why I reluctantly believe today that Bush will indeed launch an attack on Iran before the expiration of his term of office
- Barely acknowledged by the Western media, military exercises organized by Russia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan under the Collective Security Treaty Organisation, (CSTO) were launched on the 24th of August. These war games, officially tagged as part of a counter terrorism program, are in direct response to US military threats in the region including the planned attacks against Iran.
- Labour seems to see the escalating dangers in the Middle East as little more than an opportunity for business
- ...we know what "reforms" mean in the context of IMF and World Bank "help," the latter now headed up by the neocon Paul Wolfowitz—it means Structural Adjustment Policies...requiring nations to reduce spending on things such as health care, education, and other social programs in order to ensure debt repayment and economic restructuring.
- The threat of a full-scale war erupting in Somalia is now a real possibility.
- The US Armed Forces Journal on redividing the Middle East
- US steps up anti-Castro TV
- Such was the conclusion reached in the U.S. Russian generals and political scientists disagree only about its exact starting date
- Bove was a master at detecting hidden phone networks. Recently, at the direction of Milan prosecutors, he'd used mobile phone records to trace how a "Special Removal Unit" composed of CIA and SISMI (the Italian CIA) agents abducted Abu Omar, an Egyptian cleric, and flew him to Cairo where he was tortured.
- If you're a teacher, student, journalist or just a plain concerned citizen interested in finding well-researched documentation about climate change, you can no longer depend on the Canadian government to supply that information.
- The neo-cons are re-using their Iraq War playbook. In this case it is Iran, not Iraq, supposedly purchasing uranium from Africa, not from Niger, but from Congo.
- For the past 50+ years, the U.S. has had a foreign policy which supports the covert invasion of sovereign nations and the exploitation of their resources.
- Venezuela On Track to Win Based On Chavez's Opposition to US Dominance
- Round Two Now Begins As Lopez Obrador Intends To Fight On
- Of course, this is nothing new, as the Israelis have stolen from Arabs for decades...
- Few Canadians realize that their country is one of the world's leading producers and exporters of advanced, war technology. Such is the power of the long-prevailing mythology that Canada is a great, global force for peace.
- This is a resolution only an aggressor would love.
- Forcing America To Pay and Die for Israel
- In Israel, there is a two-tiered system of justice; one for Jews and another for non Jews; full-citizenship for Israeli-Jews and "Jim Crow" for Arabs.
- It was an escalation of protests that have so far centered on Mexico City, and organizers vowed even more in coming days.
- ...humanitarian organizations refuse to admit the obvious and act upon it—Israel and its patron, the United States, are criminal organizations and unless there is political consciousness realizing this fact and political action on the part of the NGOs...nothing will change.
- Other countries in the region took the neo-liberal option and exported "what they were good at" and imported food. The Cubans went for food security and part of that was prioritizing small farmers
- Most of the time, the media act like the Israeli assault on Lebanon is an evenly matched conflict. What’s the real balance?
- The Water Crisis In Gaza
- WHOSE freedom is it that 15th of August represents? And WHO does this country really belong to?
- Israel Must Finally Be Held to Account For Its Criminal Acts
- US forces ready to destroy 10,000 targets in the Middle East in a few hours.
- "direct energy" weapons, chemical and/or biological agents, in a macabre experiment of future warfare
- "America will attack Iran, Syria in October". According to Former Head of Pakistan's Military Intelligence
- No doubt this one will get wide play in the corporate media.
- This war is just beginning.
- For the honest historian, it comes as no surprise government either kills its own citizens or allows enemies to do the same in an effort to score propaganda points or as an excuse to commence hostilities.
- Now, who said it? Was it Hitler? Was it Stalin?
- While Turkey's Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan has condemned Israel for the atrocities committed in Lebanon, his government remains a staunch ally of Israel and a major military actor in the Middle East and Central Asia, with close ties to Washington, Tel Aviv and NATO headquarters in Brussels.
- Get ready for the United Nations, firmly seated on the lap of John Bolton and the United States, to blame the victims for not accepting the U.S.-French brokered "ceasefire" in Lebanon.
- Mexico on verge of revolution as election tribunal rejects full vote recount.
- When the word came out that Cuban President Fidel Castro was hospitalized and he had turned over the responsibilities of the government to his brother, Raul, the Bush administration began salivating.
- ...Cuba had the effect on the US that a full moon has on a werewolf. It seems highly likely that if the CIA had had access to a werewolf, it would have tried smuggling it into the Sierra Maestra at some point over the past 40-odd years.
- After all, what are friends for?
- Just how successful Mossad has been we may never know...
<< < 1 2 3 4 5 > >>