|Taking a Closer Look at the Stories Ignored by the Corporate Media|
|| | ||
Archive for the Month of August, 2005.
Viewing Science / Health NEWS articles 1 through 25 of 25.
- According to the groundbreaking 2003 medical report Death by Medicine, by Drs. Gary Null, Carolyn Dean, Martin Feldman, Debora Rasio and Dorothy Smith, 783,936 people in the United States die every year from conventional medicine mistakes. That's the equivalent of six jumbo jet crashes a day for an entire year. But where is the media attention for this tragedy? Where is the government support for stopping these medical mistakes before they happen?
- In their public statements, officials within the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), are always claiming that researchers and scientists who conduct studies not funded by drug companies or the government are making unfounded claims about a link between thimerosal-laced vaccines and autism, and other neurological disorders, which they claim could lead to reduced vaccine coverage, resulting in preventable outbreaks of disease affecting the entire planet. I say cut the crap
- Michael Fox, Star of Spin City, Family Ties and many movies, suffers from Parkinson's Disease and once asked how a 30 year old man would get this old man's disease. Michael Fox has also been a Diet Pepsi spokesman and informants say he is addicted drinking many a day.
- In a recent scientific study conducted by a team of researchers from the Technion, a possible link between microwave radiation, similar to the type found in cellular phones, and different kinds of damage to the visual system was found. At least one kind of damage seems to accumulate over time and not heal, challenging the common view and leading the researchers to the assertion that the duration of exposure is not less important than the intensity of the irradiation. The researchers also emphasized that existing exposure guidelines for microwave radiation might have to change.
- Overweight Risk Soars 41% With Each Daily Can of Diet Soft Drink
- I was just utterly shocked to have recently discovered another FDA first degree murder! When I studied chemistry forty plus years ago, they were using a fairly benign bleaching agent to bleach white flour. Now it comes out they have started using alloxan! Alloxan is a poison, the most famous spinner up of super oxide free radicals known to science!
- Scientists say they have been able to monitor people's thoughts via scans of their brains.
- Concerns have been raised following the case of an American child who developed learning difficulties after eating a portion of tuna a day. Doctors who conducted blood tests concluded the child was suffering from mercury poisoning.
- Cannabis is proven to be a fairly harmless drug -- so why is the American right still waging a massive war on weed?
- Conceding there's no way to know what life will be like in a million years, the Environmental Protection Agency nevertheless proposed limits Tuesday on how much radiation a person should be exposed to from a nuclear waste dump in that distant time.
- The apparent mishandling of a potentially hazardous radioactive substance by an employee of the University of California-run Los Alamos National Laboratory has resulted in contamination of sites in four states
- The Bush administration wants to send women seeking abortions for health reasons to the courthouse, not the doctor.
- Researchers say two malignancies are appearing in dramatic numbers among people under 40 despite public health efforts on wearing sunscreen, protective clothing
- Politicians and automakers say a car that can both reduce greenhouse gases and free America from its reliance on foreign oil is years or even decades away. Ron Gremban says such a car is parked in his garage.
- Derivatives of the active compound in cannabis -- cannabinoids -- may have the potential for treating inflammatory bowel diseases like Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis, UK researchers report.
- A new study by Harvard University and the National Institute of Mental Health (search) claims that 46 percent of all Americans will, at some point in their lives, develop a mental disorder.
- This is an excellent pioneering paper out of Perth, Australia, which for the first time suggests that BACTERIA may play a role in prostate cancer.
- Tell me, again, just why the United Nations is so concerned about nutritional supplements
- The recent conflict over what America eats is an example of how in Bush's America corporate interests trump public health.
- Instead of protecting us, the government aligns itself with the dairy lobby.
- It becomes plain that indiscriminate and reflexive pill-popping antacid abuse only provides a continuous flow of revenues for Doctors and Drug Companies.
- Eating a diet rich in brightly coloured fruit and vegetables could help reduce the risk of developing inflammatory disorders, according to a new study.
- Commonly used modern antidepressants can cause adults as well as children to attempt suicide, a new study says.
- Scientists have just found out what gourmets have always known - that there is something special about fresh extra-virgin olive oil.
- Eleven EPA employee unions representing over 7000 environmental and public health professionals of the Civil Service have called for a moratorium on drinking water fluoridation programs across the country, and have asked EPA management to recognize fluoride as posing a serious risk of causing cancer in people. The unions acted following revelations of an apparent cover-up of evidence from Harvard School of Dental Medicine linking fluoridation with elevated risk of a fatal bone cancer in young boys.
Pages for August, 2005